Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well... he's gone


Well, here is the last image of Kevin before he undergoes his transformation to a warrant officer. I snapped this picture then dropped him off at his warrant officer candidate school (WOCS) in-processing on Wednesday and tried my best not to cry, which was amazing only a few tears slipped out seeing how I am all emotionally pregnant and stuff. He has had his phone the past few days, but he hasn't been allowed to use it, so of course he has called me everyday - if not twice a day.

Tomorrow the real training starts and his in-processing will be done. His phone will be locked away for good and he has his first PT test tomorrow, and he told me last night that he might name our daughter during it so he can think of her to help him do his best possible... I told him (sarcastically) I'm sure he wouldn't try to name her Chloe, which he has been trying to do ever since before I got pregnant. And just so everyone knows, I am now leaning towards that name too ;). I think I've done well staying busy the past few days, lets just see if it's something I can keep up for the next 7 weeks. But good news is that I will get to see him and sit with him every Sunday during church in Ozark.

Also, on a side note, the tire problem turned out to be a small deal compared to what came later that day when we were in the middle-of-no-where Kentucky. We were driving along listening to our audio book and then all of the sudden all these lights and buzzers went off on the dashboard and when we pulled over we discovered that our lower radiator hose was blown off and we had six gallons of coolant everywhere but where it belonged. We had to wait 3 hours on the side of the freeway for a man to come and patch us up. So when we planned on getting to our hotel by 8 pm that night, we didn't check in until after midnight.

1 comment:

krista said...

Oh man, seven weeks? That's tough. I have problems getting through drill weekends! This one was a MUTA 8 so he's been gone ALL weekend, but at least he comes home every night. I'm glad you'll get to sit with Kevin at church every Sunday. Well, good luck staying busy. We miss you guys.

P.S. Chloe is an adorable name. =]