Monday, October 20, 2008

Kevins Crazy School Upadate

This is straight from his letters:

"Our mornings are usually crazy. Wake up is 5:25 now. No earlier or later. It's considered cheating if you do. And we have to make our beds, set up our rooms for inspection, (by the measurements) brush teeth and shave and be down in formation by 5:37 usually. Then PT, but after it gets crazy. We usually come up at 7:10-7:12. Have to shower, put on clean ACUs (and put on all patches and rank) and clean the barracks for common area inspection, i.e. dry showers and sinks, polish drinking fountains and such, and be back down to formation by about 7:30 or so. Then chow and classes all day. And then it gets pretty crazy again at night."

The letter from this week:

" We took our first exam. I got a 90%, which was pretty good for the class average. We had leadership reassignments to day. Unfortunately I am now Candidate Platoon Seargent. Not too big of a deal really, just have to stand out in front of the formation and eat last."

"I volunteered to call cadence while marching once the other day. Now I'm one of the favorites, sort of. At least one of the few who can do it. Unfortunately I've killed my voice so i can't really call it now anyway"

I think overall he is doing very well, given the type of environment the guys in charge are creating for all wocs. PT sounds kinda ruff for all the guys and classes are kinda boring, but its almost 3 of the 7 weeks over. The hardest thing it seems is they have ridiculous time constraints that they expect them to get things done in, and it would be impossible for anyone to do. Next week he goes to the field. He should get phone privileges this week or next week, which I am very much looking forward to, as you all can imagine. I'll try my best to keep you updated.

No comments: