Sunday, March 14, 2010

Uh, Oh, 3 Months Late....

Well, not that kind of late. I never posted pictures of Chloe's birthday so here they are. I made her a fondant cake, and it was really fun, like adult yummy play-doh, just a LOT of work. But fun.
Here we are singing "happy birthday" to her! She of course, tired to grab the flame. "Her" cake was the top layer of a 3 layer cake, my 1st ever attempt at such a thing. I know, setting myself a high standard from now on. I actually used round Pyrex storage bowls, as I don't have enough cake pans to make it work.
It is easiest to just take bites out of it, so lady like.
Here, in the end, is a photo of the mess she made... kinda disappointing, Chloe. You should have made a HUGE mess. Oh well, Happy 1st Birthday, 73 days late. Yes, I actually counted.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is absolutely the cutest little thing. And your cake looks like it was super cute. I've never made a 3-layer cake... only double layer ones. But now I have enough different size cake pans, I may have to try it. Maybe it will be easy to play the clean up game with Chloe later... if she doesn't make a huge mess there's less to clean up. =]

Michele said...

The title of this post sure caught my eye! :) And what a CUTE little cake. Did you ever see pics of Andrew's first cake? Oh, goodness - you almost couldn't see the little boy underneath all the crumbs. You got lucky you didn't have a bigger mess to clean up!