Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow in ALABAMA???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Well, I woke up this morning getting ready for church and happened to peer out the window, and we were getting snow flurries! It hasn't snowed here in over 17 years. Of course, it must be because Keri came her to get away from it for a winter and it decided to follow her. This is Chloe's first snow. I didn't think she'd see any til she was two. Not that she will remember this anyway. The crazy part is that we had 70's yesterday. This is in our back yard. It just flurried for a while, but we had a storm yesterday and everything is still wet, so it just melted.
People at church were crying today, especially ones from Idaho/Utah area because it reminded them so much of home... I just told Kevin if it sticks or the roads get icy I'm not going anywhere because while I can drive in it, no one else here can.
Kevin starts SERE tomorrow. 21 day survival/pow camp. No contact. Which will suck, but it'll be nice to have Keri here while he's gone. Just pray he doesn't get any snow while he's trying his best to evade the enemy out in the Alabama jungle. And as you can see, I cut off like 14 inches of my hair this week. I feel like my head is very light on my shoulders!

1 comment:

Applehans Fam said...

Your hair is soooooooo cute, Amy! I love it!!! And you look really good. You must have a bounce-back-right-after-pregnancy body! Lucky girl. Apparently you got our snow and we got rain. What a mix up!

Love you guys! And best wishes to Kev in SERE school. We already told him, but it bears telling again!

BTW, we miss our local nanny, so I'm glad you're enjoying her there! :)