Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Prophet Said to Plant a Garden...

So that's what we did!
Well, we got our seeds started that are for transplant. I found out that the growing season is so long here most veggies have two growing seasons! I do have to plant them in buckets though, as we live in military housing. I'm doing a "salsa" garden complete with onion, tomato, peppers and cilantro.

Also I'm doing lettuces, cauliflower and carrots, though I've heard it's hard to keep the rabbits and squirrels out of those. And the best part is I used about $15-20 in supplies, and I usually spend about that much in one week in produce!

3 comments:

krista said...

that's so fun! and i'm jealous you get such a long growing season. i'm still waiting for may to roll around so i can do some planting for us. and i'm looking for buckets to plant in... we may not live in military housing, but i swear sometimes it seems like it. good luck, hope it all grows well. hehehe.

Unknown said...

You are so good, now I can't use the excuse of not having a house! I can't wait to start gardening, there is something that is so fulfilling about growing your own food... oh and of course following the prophets counsel!

STEPHANIE said...

You guys r so fast and good... I haven't even started yet... I will help you keep them rabbits and squirrels away... I will steal ur veggies 1st!!!! hahahaha