Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yard Sales In December

So... here at Ft Rucker, the housing company allows yard sales the first sat of every month. I wasn't sure how many there would actually be in December, but I talked Kevin into going with me. While most around here start about 6 am, or earlier, (we are at a military instillation right?)but we didn't manage to make it out of the house until around 8, which was as early as I could drag Kevin out of bed. I don't think he'll ever say "no" to going with me again.

Since we only brought one car and Kevin's motorcycle with us, we have been toying with the idea of buying a scooter/moped for Keri to use when she gets here in January to help out with the baby. Well, we pulled up to one yard sale and saw a bike sitting out, and I jokingly said, "oh, its for sale, lets buy it for Keri!" Kevin replied with a "right..." It turns out it was for sale, a 2004 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, and they guy only wanted $300! It needed some work, but Kevin figures to make it "perfect" which it wont need to be, we could put $500 into it, and it books from $1200-$2500! And the cool part is that it only has a little over 2k miles on it. So far, Kevin has put in $49 for a new battery and he has been cleaning the carbs today, and it is up and running. Hope Keri enjoys the bike while she's here! And I don't think I will ever let Kevin complain about going to yard sales ever again! I'll post some finished project pics when he gets done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright that is freakin sweet! Who would*ve known that garage sales could be super duper cool like that?

:P Im a bit envious of Keri at the moment.

Mike and Kaci said...

AJ was telling us about that last night at the Christmas party. That is sweet! Those boys and bikes!