Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our Christmas Baby


It all started at 4 am, actually, it all started about 9 months ago. But this chapter of the story started at 4 am when Amy's water broke. Yes, I was out cold, and then suddenly, I was wide awake, especially when the contractions started about 10 minutes later, and never let up. We packed and made it out the door to the hospital. The hospital staff was great, we got checked in and started the waiting game. Amy was dilated to about 3 cm when we arrived at around 6:30 am, and finally hit 10 by about 2:45-3:00 pm. Thankfully Amy decided an epidural was a good idea about 20 minutes after we got to the hospital. Her contractions were so strong and so close that she never got a break, neither did my hands. I left when they administered the epidural to get some stuff from the car, and when I came back, Amy was all smiles.

It came time to push around 3:00 or so, and Amy did great. So did Chloe. Delivery was pretty fast once she started pushing, and we were blessed with a wonderful Christmas gift. The best one I've ever gotten anyway.
After her initial check out and clean up we got to hold her. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced in this world. She is so precious. Her little chin quivers when she cries and makes her little voice shake. It's so cute. When she came out at 3:41 pm, she weighed 7 lbs 5 ounces, and was 20 1/4 inches long. All about average. We'll get a video posted once we get the chance, but in the mean time, I want to get back to spending time with mom and baby. This is for sure the best Christmas ever.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

What a surprise huh?? Congrats I hope you all are doing well!

tamiz said...

Yay! Congrats! She's a cutie! Kiss your sleep goodbye!

The DeGraff 7 said...

Hip!Hip!HOORAY!!! Well done you 2. She is beautiful, so adorable. I am so happy for you. I like the name too ;0) Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Amy.

Chloe is such a super cute baby! :) Have a merry christmas and congratulations. I can't wait to see you guys again.

Love,

Cina

Brandis said...

Congratulations!! What a cool Christmas present! :)

Mike and Kaci said...

Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you!

Sheila Fish said...

Oh you guys that is so wonderful!! I am seriously so excited for the two of you. She is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous.. and I love the name Cloe! Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Just in time for Christmas! Wow Amy we were somewhat similar on the times of delivery. I woke up at 4am with contractions too and got to the hospital and checked in just after seven and had her around two! I'm glad everything went so well, she is beautiful, congratulations you two will be the best parents.

Kris Edwards said...

Chloe is absolutely beautiful--she is a lucky girl to have parents like the two of you. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! Can't wait to get my hands on her. Would you e-mail me your mailing address please. Love, Darlene