Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Our House"



I guess its September already. I can hardly believe it means summer is winding down to the end. It also means we have been back from Alabama for 5 months now. I can't believe its taken us this long to find "our home" but thankfully we have found it. We are currently scheduled to close in 2 weeks and 2 days, but who's counting? Our fingers are crossed that it will not change. It needs a bit of work, the owners left in a hurry, with about 1500 nail holes in the walls, hair in the tub, and just general grime everywhere that is probably from the house not being lived in for a while. Anyone who loves us and will be in our area in a few weeks is invited to help with the cleaning/move in party! Here is a little peak at the place. The yard looks way better, this picture was taken in the end of winter I'm guessing. Also imagine the place sans the last owner's clutter. We are on a corner lot, and we love that it means you don't see the garage doors when looking at the house front. We have 4 bedrooms, and 3.5 baths. We are definitely looking forward to a real master bed/bath. I'll even have a jetted tub. If you saw what Picerne calls a master bath in Alabama, you'll know why I'm excited. If you didn't have the pleasure of seeing that fabulous place, think Geo Metro in both size and quality. You know, I think there is actually more room in a Geo. We are also looking forward to the back yard and a designated craft room for me!


3 comments:

J. said...

It's BEAUTIFUL guys!!! I love it! It's going to be a huge change from Rucker and the joys of renting a Picerne home. Good luck and congrats! Can't wait to see how you make this great space your own!

This Idaho Girl said...

Adorable home. Congrats on buying a home!

Brenna said...

HOLY COW!!! I suddenly feel like my new place is just a Picerne upgrade! Lol. Your house is INCREDIBLE! So excited for you guys.
Yeah Yeah Yeah!