Saturday, January 30, 2010

January

Kevin started the black hawk course, finally, on January 4th. It is a 15-16 week course, with the best of conditions, his graduation date is April 28th. We will be headed back to Idaho as soon as we can .

Everyone has been asking how the couches are after a few months. They arent wearing as well as I had hoped, but I did some research and I guess I should have done a mid color, like green, before going to brown, instead of dying straight from light gray to brown. I may need to re-do them in 6 months or so, but they still look better than they did, and so I suppose that makes it worth it.


I have begun training for 2 triathlons coming up this summer and I have 6 months to get ready. This picture is from the Burly "Spudman" last year. The triathlons are in Burly the end of July and Emmet the 1st Saturday of August. I have never done one, but thanks to my good friend here in Alabama and veteran tri-athlete, Brenna, I should be whipped into shape in no time! I even ran over 17 miles this week, 13 of them I pushed Chloe in a jogger. And yes, I am bragging, since it was by choice, not by force, which is something new for me. And... I EVEN ENJOYED IT! I have never liked running. I've always wanted to like it though, and for some reason I am loving it. I am even disappointed if I don't get to go out for a run. Today is a rest day, and I'm itching to hit the pavement.

Isn't this just gross? It is a pound of human fat replica. I just want to gag, but it is strangely motivating isn't it?

2 comments:

Heather said...

The end is in sight! I have always wanted to enjoy running too. You give me hope! Good luck with your training!

This Idaho Girl said...

Keep us posted on your training. I really want to do the Audie Murphy triathlon in June, but I am a terrible swimmer! I'm always amazed how much easier it is to run when I'm not pushing the girls!