Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dyeing Experience

Dear old person couches: You were ugly gray, and slightly embarrassing. You were worn and torn. You were old when you joined our family, you've been moved 5 times with us since my mom paid $100 at a yard sale for you. You have served us well... Here's to you.

OK, that out of the way, on to the good stuff. Katie Foot gave me the idea of dyeing my couches to give them some new life. Here is the messy process. Housing shouldn't be able to charge, I checked and there are no rules about getting leather dye spots on carport cement. Please excuse their blurry-ness, oh, and the holes in my work clothes.
Now that they are completed, they strut their stuff, kinda like someone who gets a new boob job, they stand out a little better. Thanks Katie, never would have thought I could do something like this. They are definitely reincarnated from ugly, yucky, old to something, well, nicer. Are you holding your breath for the final product? Drum roll please!

And

here

you

are
TA - DA!





8 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

Wow! They look great!!

Anna Winn and Family said...

Holy Smokes!!! That's AWESOME!

tamiz said...

How does the dye hold? Any rub off on your clothes?

Heather said...

They look great! How would've thought you could do that?!? Someone much craftier than I.

Troy and Rebekah said...

They look fabulous. Good job. I never thought of myself as lazy but when I have to put so much effort into fixing something I'm very tempted to just buy a new one or do without. So I'm curious how long the whole process took and how much it cost? For sure it was cheaper than a new couch. :)

PS. The towel that you made for Makena is the bomb. Especially when she pees in it after her bath. The person holding her doesn't get completely soaked. :)

The Healthy Nutcase said...

that is the coolest thing ever and they look fabulous!! You are super crafty!!!

tamiz said...

It's been a little while now...is it still as good as new?

Christy said...

Majorly impressed!