Friday, August 7, 2009

Baby Sign Language

We have been working on teaching Chloe sign language. She has been doing the bath sign for a while but that has been it so far. Yesterday, I was giving her a breakfast of baby food granola and about half way through her normal amount she clamped her mouth shut and very deliberately did the sign for milk. She refused to take another bit so I asked if she wanted milk and she smiled. How could I then refuse to nurse her? So later, it was nap time and she really (note the serious emphasis) did not want to take it. I usually only nurse her post nap, but she started screaming while doing her sign for milk. I thought this was supposed to be a blessing to understand the baby.... not help them get whatever they want sooner!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You've got a smart one! Good luck with that :)

Applehans Fam said...

That's so funny and so cute! A whole new world opens up to them once they can "talk"! Love and miss you guys!